Budget: $2 billion CAD
Important: Two phase project (Square I and II). Construction of phase 1 recently began.
Developer: Hines and Ivanhoé Cambridge
- Engineered to LEED Platinum and Delos WELL specifications and exceeding mechanical, electrical and security expectations; awarded Wired Pre-Certified Platinum designation – the highest international standard in office internet connectivity, including a distributed antenna system for seamless and reliable cellular coverage.
- Bay Park Centre is designed to connect to downtown Toronto and beyond via all modes of transportation, while a series of pedestrian-friendly pathways—above, below, and at ground level—will connect the complex to downtown Toronto’s PATH network, businesses and amenities.
- The site will also feature a one-acre elevated park linking the buildings to each other and serving as an inspirational urban outdoor space for CIBC employees, clients and the public.
CIBC will be moving their headquarter to this new Centre
First phase construction began in June 2017 – set to be completed in 2020
- No date: http://www.bayparkcentre.com/
- Sept 30, 2014: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/union-station-getting-new-go-bus-terminal-office-tower-development-1.2782397
- April 12, 2017: http://dailyhive.com/toronto/cibc-bay-park-centre-toronto-headquarters-campus-april-2017
- April 12, 2017: https://www.thestar.com/business/2017/04/12/cibc-to-move-head-offices-to-new-bay-park-development.html
- June 12, 2017: http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2017/06/bay-park-centre-unveiled-cibc-square-ground-breaking