- Expected to be finished in 2021, the Svart Hotel in Norway’s Arctic Circle will be the worlds first energy-positive hotel.
- The largest geothermal power station in the world has been built in Iceland. "Hellisheidi" produces about 303 MW of electricity and up to 400 MW of thermal energy.
- Sweden’s largest hospital has built a geothermal plant providing 65% of heating and cooling demand.
- As a response to changes in rising sea levels, the City of Helsinki has formulated an innovative cross-departmental resilient Flood Strategy to respond efficiently and effectively to shocks and stresses caused by flooding in the urban area.
- The district of Strømsø in Drammen is currently being redeveloped to become a future-oriented urban neighbourhood with ambitious sustainability goals.