- Tåsinge Plads is Copenhagen’s first climate-resilient urban space and can handle rising volumes of rain at street level.
- Expected to be finished in 2021, the Svart Hotel in Norway’s Arctic Circle will be the worlds first energy-positive hotel.
- Sweden’s largest hospital has built a geothermal plant providing 65% of heating and cooling demand.
- As a response to changes in rising sea levels, the City of Helsinki has formulated an innovative cross-departmental resilient Flood Strategy to respond efficiently and effectively to shocks and stresses caused by flooding in the urban area.
- Hammarby Sjöstad is an international award winning sustainable urban development in Stockholm that transports all waste from residents underground in pipes.