- The first waste-to-energy facility for municipal waste in Finland was completed in 2012 and processes 150,000 tonnes of household waste from 400,000 inhabitants annually.
- From April 2015 until March 2019 the project EnergyLab Nordhavn – New Urban Energy Infrastructures with a total budget of DKK 143 mio. will develop and demonstrate future energy solutions.
- Copenhagen's harbour baths are a result of an extensive cleaning initiative that has rid the water of industrial pollutants and sewage.
- Flood gate protection of Gothenburgs vibrant Urban Areas
- iWater-hanke brings innovative Storm Water Management systems to Helsinki
- Icelandic restoration development of its degredating wetlands