- Copenhagen's harbour baths are a result of an extensive cleaning initiative that has rid the water of industrial pollutants and sewage.
- Sweden’s largest hospital has built a geothermal plant providing 65% of heating and cooling demand.
- Hammarby Sjöstad is an international award winning sustainable urban development in Stockholm that transports all waste from residents underground in pipes.
- The Greenest City in Europe is working hard to be the first fossil-fuel-free city in the world and has set a goal that by 2020, 50% of all new buildings should be wood-based.
- Icelandic restoration development of its degredating wetlands
- City Redevelopment Event Interview with Norwegian Aiwell
- From April 2015 until March 2019 the project EnergyLab Nordhavn – New Urban Energy Infrastructures with a total budget of DKK 143 mio. will develop and demonstrate future energy solutions.