- The Greenest City in Europe is working hard to be the first fossil-fuel-free city in the world and has set a goal that by 2020, 50% of all new buildings should be wood-based.
- City Redevelopment Event Interview with Norwegian Aiwell
- Flood gate protection of Gothenburgs vibrant Urban Areas
- From April 2015 until March 2019 the project EnergyLab Nordhavn – New Urban Energy Infrastructures with a total budget of DKK 143 mio. will develop and demonstrate future energy solutions.
- The first waste-to-energy facility for municipal waste in Finland was completed in 2012 and processes 150,000 tonnes of household waste from 400,000 inhabitants annually.
- The largest geothermal power station in the world has been built in Iceland. "Hellisheidi" produces about 303 MW of electricity and up to 400 MW of thermal energy.